The Vernon Vipers Youth Cheerleading program is open to Vernon residents only and consists of 4 teams broken down by grade of the playing year.
A Team (7/8) - B Team (5/6) - C Team (3/4) - Mighty Mite (1/2) - Mascots (K)
Highschool Freshman are allowed to cheer for VYFL a note from the highschool cheer coach is required.
The cheerleaders are on the sidelines of all the games for their respective team.
The Cheer Squad is now allowing Mascots!
Cheerleading Competition - A, B, and C levels are competitive teams that compete in a cheerleading competition at the end of the year. The Mighty Mite teams are instructional and practice an exhibition cheer routine that is also performed at the competition.
Practices: All teams will practice during the month of August at Legion Field. Once school starts please follow practice schedule provided by your teams coach. Not all teams practice on the same nights once school starts.
When School Starts:
- Mighty Mites - 2 nights a week at a school yet to be determined - 6-7:30 p.m.
- C Team - 2 nights a week at a school yet to be determined - 6-8 p.m.
- A and B Team - 2-3 nights a week at a school yet to be determined- 6-8 p.m.(might add an extra night a week during October for competition)
Uniforms for cheer and football players are provided with uniforms and must be returned at the end of the season. Some personal items will have to be purchased. See the uniforms section under registration
Registrations are held through out the year, sign up early to ensure your place on a team. We do not have tryouts, all who can signup will play and compete.
Games - All our games are played on Sundays, with our home games at Legion Field in Vernon. Regular season game times are as follows:
B-Squad .......... 9:00 a.m. ........(7/8th grade)
A-Squad .......... 11:00 a.m. ........(5/6th grade)
C-Squad .......... 1:00 p.m. ........(3/4th grade)
Mighty Mites / Mascots .... 3:00 p.m. .......( K/1/2nd grade)
The following High School rules apply to all participating in cheerleading:
- *No jewelry (rings, toe rings, belly button ring/bar, earring, necklaces, bracelets, nose rings, tongue rings and eyebrow rings, NO pierced earrings)
- *No GLITTER or SPARKLE make-up ONLY Natural looking makeup
- *No fingernail polish or toe polish for competition, no fake nails
- *No barrettes or hair clips
- *No jean shorts, skirts or skorts
- *No pockets or zippers, no drawstrings
- *No tank tops, camis or spaghetti straps
- *We require full coverage underwear
- *All hair must be put into a pony tail off the neck
- Crew or v neck tee shirts (NO TANK TOPS OR CAMI'S or Spaghetti )
- cotton shorts or leggings ( No capris above the knee or loose pants )
- Athletic sneakers
***PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD BRINGS A WATER BOTTLE*** IF THEY DO NOT THEY WILL SIT OUT OF PRACTICE/GAMES
GAME DAY ATTIRE:
- Cheerleading uniform (provided by Vipers)
- White turtleneck (purchase on website link below or at a dance store) ½ zipper back and snap middle
- White no show socks
- Cheerleading sneakers (purchase on website link below)
- Royal blue bloomers (purchase on website link below or at a dance store)
- Hair tie
- Warm-ups in cold weather (must be purchased on website link below )
THIS IS BOTH PRACTICES AND GAMES
- 3 Tardy's = 1 absence (after we go to indoor practices)
- 4 absences no competition, no exhibition (after we go to indoor practices)
- A parent must call a coach if their child will not be at practice or game.
- If your child is going on vacation during Aug, please give your child's team coach a note with the dates.