The Vernon Vipers Youth Football is open to Vernon residents only and consists of 4 teams broken down by grade.
- A (7/8)
- B (5/6)
- C (3/4)
- Mighty Mite (1/2)
Practices: Most teams will practice M-F 6-8p.m. starting August 2nd at Legion Field. Please follow practice schedule provided by your teams coach. Some changes may occur for your retrospective teams.
When School Starts:
· Mighty Mites - 2 nights a week at a school yet to be determined - 6-8 p.m.
· C Team - 2 nights a week at a school yet to be determined - 6-8 p.m.
· B Team - 3 nights a week at a school yet to be determined 6-8 p.m. and 1-2 Saturdays a month, September and October, yet to be determined
· A Team - 3 nights a week at a school yet to be determined 6-8 p.m. and 1-2 Saturdays a month, September and October, yet to be determined.
Uniforms for cheerleading and football players are provided and must be returned at the end of the season. Some personal items will have to be purchased. see the uniforms section under registration
Registrations are held through out the year, we have enough openings for approximately 20 to 30 players per team (depending on the team), so sign up early to ensure your place on a team. We do not have tryouts, all who can signup will play and compete.
Our League - The Vernon Youth Football organization is a member of the Connecticut Youth Football League (CTYFL). This is a local league consisting of East Hartford, Bloomfield, Windsor, South Windsor, Haddam Killingworth, Durham/Middlefield, Simsbury/Granby, New Hartford, Berlin, Rocky Hill, Wethersfield, and Glastonbury.
Games - All our games are played on Sundays, with our home games at Legion Field in Vernon. Regular season game times are as follows:
B-Team..........9:00 a.m.........(7/8th grade)
A-Team ........11:00 a.m.........(5/6th grade)
C-Team ..........1:00 p.m.........(3/4th grade )
Mighty Mites ....3:00 p.m. .......(1/2nd grade)
* Please follow the schedule provided by your coaches as some game times are subject to change.